A special one day event....
where you can do some unique
Holiday Gift Shopping !
Clearfield County Historical Society is holding
their annual 'Holiday Book Sale'.
Saturday, December 2nd, from 1:00 to 4:00pm
in the society’s
at 104 E. Pine Street.
A perfect opportunity to 'stop in'
and buy a piece of your County History...!
All books will be discounted at least 20% off,
and art prints will be 50% off!
( in-person sales only )
Also, gift memberships are available –
a perfect gift !
Each membership gift comes with a welcome letter,
brochures and copy of our Fall 2023 bi-annual Bulletin.
This current Bulletin contains almost
40 pages of photos and county history articles.
All are welcome to this free event.
Hope to see you here at YOUR County Museum !
Below is a complete list of books available at:
click these following 54 Book Titles for illustrations, discriptions with purchase
- Ending the Pennsylvania Frontier - 1794: Cornplanter, Andrew Elliot, and Samuel Wallis
- by John M. Forcey
- Gallantry and Resilience...Chronicles of James B
Thompson Authored by Ema Gavazzi - A Civil War story of life, capture and
- FUN and GAMES in Clearfield County - 44 pages of educational Coloring & Activity interests related to Clearfield County, for all ages!
- Life of Israel McCreight, Banker,
Conversationalist, Indian Chief. by Tom Schoff
- Prosperity On The Gazzam Branch, assembled by Bill
- Lumbering and Rafting, By James Mitchell
- The Legend of The Dents Run Lost Gold Shipment - Author: James P. Burke
- BACK IN THE DAY Cookbook - A Compilation of Clearfield
County Favorite Family Recipes
- PUBLIC SPIRIT, 1897 History of Clearfield County
- - Digitized & Index by
Diane Stodart Yarger
- 'I Remember When' .... - by Rodney H. Bowers
Pennsylvania Farm Scrapbook Series (5), by Clair Kriner...
- THE HILLS OF HOME - by Jennie Smith Dixon
A BLOOM BY ANY NAME - LeRoy W.
Bloom Temporarily out !
- French Settlers - Frenchville, Covington & Girard Townships: by Richard Hughes & Mary K Royer
- My Partner, The River - The White Pine Story on the
Susquehanna by Dudley Tonkin
- 80 Miles of Wilderness Adventure by O. Lynn
- Ghost Towns and Vanishing Villages of Clearfield County, PA by Richard T. Hughes
- Sam King Map Package- including Cornplanter's Kingdom,
- Pioneers of Second Fork by James P. Burke
- Clearfield County Twentieth Century War Casualties
- Narrative of the Adventures of Zenas Leonard- Five Years as
a Mountain Man in the Rocky Mountains by himself.
- The Pennsylvania Winslows by Robert Winslow
- Commerce on Early American Waterways - The
Transport of Goods by Arks, Rafts and Log Drives by Earl E. Brown
- Clearfield County's Resistance to the Civil War and The Bloody Knox
Saga 1864-2004 (revised 2007)
- Images of America / Around Curwensville by Julie Rae Rickard
Twentieth Century History of Clearfield County, PA(1900-2000)
by Richard T. Hughes
- Caldwell's 1878 Clearfield County Illustrated Atlas
- Clearfield County: or, Reminiscences of the Past" 1859
by S.B. Row.
- Some Genealogies and Family Records by A.Y. Straw Indexed
- Marriage Records of Clearfield County PA Prior to October 1,1885 1885 compied bbert Allison
- KURTZ BROS.-A Centennial History 1894-1994 (Employees, Families, and Community)
- Pennsylvania Bucktails: OUT OF STOCK ! A Photographic Album of the 42nd, 149th, and 150th Pennsylvania Regiments
- The Clearfield Area — Today and Tomorrow - Railroads of the Area
- "Clearfield County Train Excursions" booklet